Cardboard, today. The world, tomorrow.
Children are experts at creating their own play. For sure, as parents, you know that you gift a toy to your kids and they are not interested. Instead, they reach for the box the toy was housed in…and they fall in love with it! It is simple: kids love cardboard boxes and they can easily play with them more than with the toys.
Thus, wouldn’t it be a good idea to make or have cardboard toys? This would not only be a great way to have toys for your kids at a reasonable price but this would also be an excellent way to engage your children in creative activities while preparing their own kinds of the best toys made from cardboard.
Nowadays, there is great progress in innovative improvement for these kinds of toys, such as the Edo building blocks for kids, thanks to a lot of creative designs, varieties and crafting that you can find online or in toy shops.
Why choose cardboard toys?
First of all, toys do not have to be expensive. Open ended objects, like balls, cloth, and recycled cardboard, as well as natural materials, are perfect for children of all ages and they won’t cost you much or you already have them at home.
Cardboard toys are perfect for kids’ growth since they stimulate them to think, be creative, and solve problems. Furthermore, cardboard boxes encourage physical play by allowing children to choose what they want to do and follow their creativity.
Why does anyone buy cardboard toys?
To date, we have good options of educational cardboard toys, such as big building blocks that can support kids during their learning experiences: e.g. how to balance objects, increase their drive to try again, and improve their hand-eye coordination.
Along with that, children may have benefits like spatial awareness, form identification, concentration, and creative thinking resulting from playing with cardboard building bricks. Besides, kids can develop their perception of heigh, comparison and measurement abilities in playing with cardboard toys or just boxes.
Are cardboard toys durable?
Cardboard toys may be durable because recycled (and thus recyclable) cardboard keeps its strength and durability even as some time has gone. Specifically, corrugated cardboard (for instance, it is the kind of cardboard used to make the Edo bricks) retains its quality and capabilities after recycling.
Are cardboard toys eco-friendly?
Being made of recycled cardboard, the cardboard toys became 100% recyclable and biodegradable…yes, they are eco-friendly!
In a maximum of one year, corrugated cardboard degrades completely in nature. Because it is mostly composed of cellulose, its breakdown period is limited, and if it is subjected to favourable weather conditions, such as a humid atmosphere, disintegration speeds up even faster.
Environmentally friendly toys for kids, such as the Edo cardboard toys, are great for you!
Here are some PROS of cardboard toys:
- It is one of the Eco-friendliest materials
- When we compare cardboard to other materials, its production results in a 60 percent reduction in CO2 and oil emissions confirming its environment-friendly nature
- To create them, 90 percent less water and 50 percent less power are required than with conventional toys
- Reduces the amount of garbage produced
- The best approach to reduce wasteful cardboard use is to use recycled cardboard because in most forms is able to retain its strength and durability.
- We can conserve energy by recycling cardboard, which can then be utilized to create other resources
- It's completely biodegradable and recyclable. In a maximum of one year, corrugated cardboard degrades completely. Because it is mostly composed of cellulose, its breakdown period is limited, and if it is subjected to favourable weather conditions, such as a humid atmosphere, disintegration speeds up even faster.
- Corrugated cardboard can remain intact to some extent in its quality and functions after recycling and is also more cost-effective.
Here are some CONS of cardboard toys:
- They are not at all recommended to be used together with other toys or objects that are excessively heavy, because thin cardboard doesn’t hold vertical forces that well.
- Cardboard shipping cartons may not hold the weight of heavy objects if improper carton size, thickness or inadequate cushioning is employed.
- Under pressure, it's possible that it will get distorted.
- In some situations, cardboard can be crushed, dented, or otherwise damaged, despite its strength.
- Cardboard is not waterproof. Certain weather conditions, such as rain or snow, are unsuitable for cardboard. Therefore cardboard also cannot be washed.
Overall, buying these funky and durable cardboard toys is a great investment for your kid’s learning and for the planet. For instance, the giant cardboard Edo building bricks can entertain your children and help them in boosting their imagination: however, these building blocks even act as educational cardboard toys because your children learn through play.
The Edo building blocks are composed of sturdy, long-lasting cardboard: hence, they are an eco-friendly blank canvas for children’s imagination. You can paint them, colour them or write on them. By playing with the Edo bricks, your children will be able to build a child-sized castle, crocodile, spaceship, chair or an ice-cream shop only to mention some ideas! It can really let their imagination go wild…when you Play Edo, you Play Eco!
Cardboard is like a blank canvas waiting to be transformed into a dinosaur, a fort, an elephant, a bookshelf or a castle….you only need a little bit of imagination.
Then, surprise your kids with the most creative gift ever!